By Helen D. Gardner
Includes 50 black and white photographs.
Read or Download Agnes Baden-Powell: The Story of the First Girl Guide PDF
Similar uk history books
This persuasive examine assaults the foremost myths surrounding the conflict of england to revise the relative prestige of maritime and aviation elements within the safety of england. with out denigrating the heroism of the fighter pilots, Anthony Cumming demanding situations the effectiveness of the Royal Air strength in 1940 and offers the Royal army a lot higher prominence than others have.
This new examine seems to be on the ways that the years surrounding the 1st global struggle formed the lives of the agricultural staff in Britain and the way the patriotism unleashed by way of the conflict was once utilized by these in strength to blur classification divisions and construct conservative attitudes in rural groups. utilizing the world of Shropshire and the Marches as a spotlight, the e-book seems at farmworkers and their exchange unions, the buildings of agrarian economic system, type divisions, neighborhood loyalties, cultural associations and political enterprises.
Lengthy sooner than sugar and slaves made Jamaica Britain’s most useful colony, its conquest sparked conflicts with eu powers and opened great tropical areas to English exploitation. Carla Gardina Pestana captures the instant while Cromwell’s plan to take Spain’s American empire altered his progressive state’s engagement with the broader international.
Utilizing unique own and army diaries, with countless numbers of rigorously chosen newspaper extracts, letters and images, this publication lines person tales of tragedy and heroism, concerning tradesmen, apprentices, attorneys, musicians, sportsmen, brothers, husbands and fathers from Harrogate and the West driving.
- Organizing Democracy: Reflections on the Rise of Political Organizations in the Nineteenth Century (Palgrave Studies in Political History)
- England and the English (Millennium Ford)
- Power and Glory: France’s Secret Wars with Britain and America, 1945-2018
- Oscar Wilde's Scandalous Summer: The 1894 Worthing Holiday and the Aftermath
- German Rabbis in British Exile: From ‘Heimat’ into the Unknown
- Marketing Sovereign Promises: Monopoly Brokerage and the Growth of the English State (Political Economy of Institutions and Decisions)
Extra info for Agnes Baden-Powell: The Story of the First Girl Guide
Agnes Baden-Powell: The Story of the First Girl Guide by Helen D. Gardner
- Read e-book online Renaissance of Classical Allusions in Contemporary Russian PDF
- Henry VIII and the English Reformation (British History in by Richard Rex PDF